Native American Leadership Council
In 2014-2015, Northwestern established a Native American Leadership Council, comprised of Native American community leaders, to provide insight and counsel for our Native American and Indigenous Initiatives.
- Dr. Elise Boxer, Assistant Professor, History, Native American Studies, University of South Dakota; President, American Indian Studies Association
- Dr. Bryan McKinley Jones Brayboy, President's Professor and Borderlands Professor of Indigenous Education and Justice, School of Social Transformation, Arizona State University; Director, Center for Indian Education
- Dr. Elizabeth Hoover, Manning Assistant Professor of American Studies and Ethnic Studies; Brown University
- Ms. Vicki Limas, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Professor of Law and Co-director of the Native American Law Center, University of Tulsa
- Dr. Tsianina Lomawaima, Professor, Justice & Social Inquiry; Distinguished Scholar of Indigenous Education, Center for Indian Education; School of Social Transformation, Arizona State University
- Ms. Heather Miller, Executive Director, American Indian Center of Chicago
- Mr. Quinton Roman Nose, Executive Director, Tribal Education Departments National Assembly, Co.
- Dr. Karina Walters, Associate Dean for Research, University of Washington School of Social Work; Director, Indigenous Wellness Research Institute
- Mr. W. Richard West, Jr., President and CEO, Autry National Center of the American West
- Mr. Gordon Yellowman, Sr., Peace Chief, Southern Cheyenne, Assistant Executive Director of Education, Cheyenne and Arapaho Tribes